Here is a full description of the Environmental Health Technician course.
Course: Environmental Health Technician
This program will develop the theoretical knowledge and skills needed by the environmental health technician to identify, assess, treat and correct environmental risks, issues and challenges.
Four (5) ‘O’ level credit passes in:
1. Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE)
2. National Examination Commission (NECO)
3. General Certificate of Education (GCE)
Candidates wishing to undergo this course must possess credits in English, Biology/Health science, Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics at not more than two (2) sittings.
Course Schedule: Full Time
Course duration: 3 years
• Environmental Health Technician Diploma
• Practice license by the Environmental Health Officers’ Registration Council of Nigeria (EHORECON).
Mode of assessment:
• Group project
• Case study
• Discussion board participation
• Tutor-marked assignment (TMA)
• Supervised field practical report
• Oral presentation
• Individual project
The Environmental Health Technician works under the supervision of the Environmental Health Officer/Scientist/Technologist in the public or private sector laboratories, and health departments.
Area of work include:
• Pollution (noise, waste, air, ) control and management
• Environmental health assessment
• Water resources management and sanitation
• Environmental health promotion and education
• Pest control and management
• Environmental health control of housing and sanitation among others.