Aged Care Aide Program
World Health Organization key facts on ageing and health states that:
- The pace of population aging is much faster than in the past. In 2020, the number of people aged 60 years and older outnumbered children younger than 5 years.
- Between 2000 and 2050, people aged 60 years and over are expected to increase from 605 million to 2 billion over the same period.
- People who live to see their 80s or 90s will be more than ever before. The number of people aged 80 years or older will have almost quadrupled between 2000 and 2050 to 395 million.
- The need for long-term care is rising. As people live longer, there is a growing need for long-term care to help them with activities of daily living.
This course will give you the knowledge, skills and competencies required to confidently provide support to the aged, under the supervision of a physician and/or nurse in private homes, nursing homes and old people’s hostels.
The program focuses on:
- Understanding the aging process
- Assistance with daily living of the aged
- Behavioral expectations of an aged care aide
- First aid in emergency situations
- Social rehabilitative and recreational activities for the aged
- And many more
Who Can Apply
- BSc/HND degree holder.
- Individuals who are interested in pursuing a healthcare career.
- Individuals who are interested in becoming an aged care aide.
- Family caregivers who are caring for elderly relatives.
- Auxiliary health workers who wish to improve their competency in caring for the elderly.
- Applicant must be 18 years and above.
- WAEC/NECO/GCE/NABTEB ‘O’ level in art, commercial or science subjects.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively.
- Auxiliary nurse certificate is acceptable
Mode of Delivery
- Lectures –
Online (Monday -Thursday) & Hands-on-practical class in school (Friday).
- On-the job training.
- Aged Care Aide Certificate – Basic level
- American Caregiver Association Certification – the accepted international standard for caregivers.
- The Aged Care Aide Certificate qualifies you for direct entry into our 1 year fast-tracked health assistant programme.
Get in touch
APPLY HERE. However, if you need more information we would be happy to talk to you. WhatsApp/call 09057119611.
Aged Care Aide Certificate
Aged Care Aide Certificate + American Caregiver Association Certification