8 Top Questions Asked By Applicants Seeking Admission Into A College of Health Technology

Interested in knowing the top questions asked by applicants seeking admission into a college of health technology – including answers?

A college of health technology is a tertiary institution of polytechnic status that train students in health related technical and vocational courses.

Colleges of health technology are regulated by the National Board of Technical Education in Nigeria.

A college of health technology do not offer nursing programme.

That said, we do offer courses that takes care of the sick or infirm under supervision.

Such courses include health assistant, health technician, Junior community health extension worker and dental surgery technician.

A college of health technology trains manpower for the primary health care system while the school of nursing is tailored toward the secondary and tertiary healthcare system.

Firstly, you do not require JAMB to study a certificate, professional certificate or professional diploma course we hope it remains so for a long time.

However, you do require your “O” level result (WAEC/NECO or GCE) in no more than two (2) sittings.

See available courses and their requirements here

A two (2) year non-professional course will earn you a certificate.

A professional certificate course will earn you a certificate and a practice license.

A professional diploma course will earn you a diploma and a practice license.

A course where you are required to sit and pass a licensing examination in addition to the school examination is termed a “professional course”.

Yes! Here is an example of how to become a nurse through the dental surgery technician course pathway.

If you want to know how you can proceed for further studies on your desired course please chat us up on WhatsApp – 09057119611.

Yes, if you run a five (5) year academic programme. You need to go through JAMB to study for an academic course. You do not require JAMB for certificate and professional diploma courses.

Academic programmes are courses that run through the National Diploma and Higher National Diploma route, including a year of student work experience. 

The difference between an academic and a professional course is that obtaining a license is not tied to an academic course but vice versa for a professional course.

Note that certificate and professional diploma courses in colleges of health technology in Nigeria are not eligible for NYSC because they run for 2-3 years

It is important to know that not all colleges of health technology run academic programmes as a choice.

Courses that are often mobilized for NYSC include:

  1. Environmental health technology
  2. Dental technology
  3. Health information technology



With your certificate or diploma and license, you are qualified to work in a private or government health facility. 

Need more information? WhatsApp – 09057119611. 

Want to get started with the admission process? Fill out our online application for free here.